- Improve exercise endurance and capacity
- Improved muscle mass
- Improved bone density
- Managed body composition
- Increased quality of Sleep (REM quality) and sleep duration
- Improved quality of Skin, Hair, and Nails
- Transiently increase metabolic rate which results in losing body fat
- By increasing IGF-1 it can improve memory and learning
- Faster healing of wounds and Tissue Regeneration
Ibutamoren is frequently used to increase lean body mass i.e. create bigger muscles. As previously mentioned, ibutamoren increases growth hormone levels and IGF-1. Both growth hormone and IGF-1, in turn, increase muscle mass, muscle strength, and reduce body fat. In 24 obese men, a two-month treatment (DB-RCT) with Ibutamoren increased lean mass, and transiently increased basal metabolic rate (BMR).
In a study (DB-RCT) in eight food-deprived healthy volunteers, MK-677 reversed diet-induced protein loss, that could cause muscle wasting. In 123 elderly patients with hip fracture, ibutamoren improved gait speed, muscle strength and reduced the number of falls (RCT).
Growth hormone increases tissue regeneration and wound healing, so MK-677 may help with these.